Monday, October 3, 2011

Big Girls Don't Cry - Articles on How to Handle Negative Feedback or Comments

“Negative feedback is better that none. I would rather have a man hate me than overlook me. As long as he hates me I make a difference.” - Hugh Prather



I recently posted a non-beaded craft I had made on a how-to site, for a contest. I was amazed and appalled when I was viciously attacked in the comments section! Not only did this individual write unwarranted and mean things, they tried to recruit others to do the same. I was crushed, and even cried...and stopped sharing my work with the world for awhile. Then I read a few of these articles, and they helped me realize that There are mean people in the world, not everyone is going to like me or my work, and I DID put myself out there. The trick is to get back on the horse, and never let someone steal your inspiration. Good luck! 


Put you Big Girl Panties on by crafterminds
Practical Tactics for Dealing with Haters by Fourhourworkweek.com
Deal with Negative Comments by successful-blog.com
Deal with Negative People by Life with Confidence
Negative People by Michele Martin
Negative Comments Online by SimplyZesty.com 


 I hope these articles will help at least some of you. They certainly helped me!

No comments: